At Viltra the products and services we offer are centered around our commitment to ensuring that where a legislative standard exists, we’ll set out not just to achieve it, but exceed it.
Our ethos is to ensure we provide products and services that will improve the environment we live in and to keep it clean and safe.
"Under the Water (Northern Ireland) Order 1999, the discharge of trade or sewage waste to any waterway, or any water contained underground requires the consent of the Department of Environment. This includes waste from any commercial, industrial or domestic premises not connected to the public sewer." (NIEA, 2017)
• It is an offence under the Water (Northern Ireland) Order 1999 to discharge any trade or sewage effluent into a waterway or water contained in underground stratum (soakaway) without the consent of NIEA.
• Consent to Discharge is issued to the householder
• NIEA recommend that Water Order consent be obtained prior to applying for Planning Permission.
• It is a legal document
• Connection to foul sewer must be made if available (within 30m)
• If not, discharge should be directed to soakaway subject to suitable ground conditions
• Only if above 2 options are infeasible should discharge to waterway be considered
• It is NOT acceptable to discharge from a standard septic tank directly to waterway.