The design and installation of a sewage treatment system for a popular tourist attraction on the Wild Atlantic Way situated on the Northern Coast of the Fanad Peninsula - North Donegal.
Fanad lighthouse is situated on the northern coast of the Fanad Peninsula, on the trail of the Wild Atlantic Way in north Donegal. Fanad Lighthouse offers guests the opportunity to stay in self-catering cottages.
• A very high quality of effluent was required due to how close the site was to the Irish Sea.
• The sewage treatment system would have to be built up at the side of a cliff.
• Viltra designed a bespoke sewage treatment system specifically built with dimensions to fit within the boundaries of a wall at the side of a cliff.
• Working alongside Tecsoil who are based in Ireland, Viltra helped design an Intermittent Sand Polishing Filter and underlying soil polishing filter.
• The system at Fanad Lighthouse has been operating to a high standard for the last 4/5 years.
• The system has been maintained and serviced by Viltra for the last 4/5 years.
• Visitor numbers at Fanad Lighthouse have increased.
• Fanad lighthouse has been recently added to the Wild Atlantic Way
Fanad Lighthouse / Commissioners of Irish Lights
Commercial - Lighthouse
Site Survey, Consultancy, Design, Manufacturing, Installation and Commissioning of a bespoke sewage treatment system, Ongoing servicing, maintenance and desluging of the system.
On time and within Budget.
Viltra's OXTEC Plus
"Viltra designed a system for us that was unique and tailored for our surroundings. It was imperative that our local environment was kept in mind throughout the process. All the work carried out by Viltra was to a high quality and most importantly it did not affect the daily operations of our lighthouse".