How we helped a beef processing facility comply with Northern Ireland Environment Agency regulations
C&J Meats is a beef processing company who operate from a modern state of the art premises situated in the countryside in County Armagh, Northern Ireland.
• The existing sewage treatment plant in place was designed to treat both the domestic waste from the offices and industrial waste involved in the meat processing operation.
• The system installed needed to be designed to cope with both domestic and industrial influent coming into the system.
• Viltra designed a sewage tream system to produce a quality of effluent permitted to be discharged to a watercourse without breaching NIEA regulations.
• System designed to a 10/15 final effluent quality discharge.
• Viltra provided C&J Meats with a complete package which included an initial Site survey, Consultancy and Design, Installation and Commissioning of the system.
• As part of the service package, Viltra service, maintain and desludge the system.
• Viltra also took control of the Consent to Discharge application and liaised with NIEA.
• The quality of effluent produced by the system surpasses the requirements as set out by NIEA.
• Viltra monitor and maintain the system to ensure that these high standards are sustained to safeguard the operations of the business.
C&J Meats - Kilmore, Co. Armagh - Northern Ireland
Industrial - Beef Processing Facility
Site Survey, Consent to Discharge (NIEA), Consultancy, Design, Manufacture, Installation and Commissioning of a Bespoke sewage treatment system, Ongoing servicing, maintenance and desludging of the system
On time and within Budget
Viltra's Bespoke system
"We had intentions to install a sewage treatment plant that could cope with the daily demands of our business. We contacted Viltra to find a solution.
Viltra took control of the whole process from day one, the results produced from the system Viltra installed are of a remarkable quality. We also rely on Viltra to service and maintain the system, ensuring the system is operating to a high standard – This keeps our local environment and our business protected".