How we helped a meat processing facility comply with Northern Ireland Environment Agency regulations.
Hewitt Meats operate from modern state of the art premises situated in the countryside near Loughgall in County Armagh. The boning facility is capable of processing over 400 tonnes of beef per week.
• The existing sewage system, treating both the domestic waste from the offices and industrial waste involved in the meat processing, was not producing the effluent results required to meet NIEA guidelines.
• The surrounding land was predominantly clay with poor drainage qualities and therefore the use of a traditional percolation area with discharge to groundwater via sub surface was not an option. The only option was to discharge to a watercourse. An additional challenge was that the facility had two discharge points, one running through a yard adjacent to the building and the other approximately 500m away.
• Viltra designed a system that coped with the dual discharge points and produced a quality of effluent that could be discharge to a watercourse without breaching NIEA regulations.
• The system was installed within three weeks with minimum disruption caused to the day-to-day operations of the busy facility.
• System designed to a 10/15 final effluent quality discharge
• The quality of effluent produced by the system surpasses the requirements as set out by NIEA.
• Viltra monitor and maintain the system to ensure that these high standards are sustained to safeguard the operations of the business.
Hewitt Meats - Loughgall, Co. Armagh - Northern Ireland
Commercial - Beef Processing Facility
Problem analysis, Site survey, Design, Manufacture and Installation of a Viltra Bespoke sewage treatment system, Ongoing servicing, maintenance and desludging of the system.
Viltra's Bespoke system
“We had a major problem with our wastewater that was jepordising the day-to-day operations of our business. Viltra quickly assessed the situation and understood our needs, then designed and installed the system without any major disruption to our business.
The results are truely outstanding!”